The International Adoption Clinic at the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center, in partnership with the Kennedy Krieger Institute, offers pre- and post-adoption services to families who are in the process of adopting a child internationally.
- Comprehensive evaluation of the child’s medical and developmental record (“the referral”) prior to adoption and travel
- Videotape review
- Consultation regarding common medical problems seen in those who are internationally adopted, including country specific issues
- Consultation for assistance with completion of a special needs checklist
- Suggestions for diet and nutrition while traveling and after arrival home
- Prescription medications for your child during travel, including medications for commonly acquired bacterial infections, scabies and lice
- A comprehensive travel supply list, including over-the-counter medications
- Referral to an International Travel Clinic
Download the client information form / consent form
Fees are charged for services pre-travel.
- Comprehensive physical examination
- Diagnosis and management of acute medical issues
- Developmental screening
- All recommended screening lab tests
- Referrals for medical, surgical, developmental and psychosocial specialty care, when needed
- Full communication with your child’s pediatrician
- Follow-up visits to our clinic at 6 and 12 months post-arrival to reevaluate medical problems and developmental progress.