The Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Center in the Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition
at Hopkins Children's cares for children with Crohn’s disease,
ulcerative colitis and indeterminate colitis. We care for hundreds of
children with IBD who come from all across the United States.
pediatric IBD team, including physicians, nurses, pediatric surgeons,
nutritionists, psychologists and researchers, will give your child
expert care from the time of diagnosis through the long-term management
of these diseases. You and your child will be given educational
materials and receive up-to-date information regarding diagnosis,
treatment options and current research.
The main multidisciplinary IBD clinics are held in the David M. Rubenstein Building
at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore City. The most current
diagnostic tests are available at Hopkin’s Childrens including upper endoscopy, colonoscopy and
capsule endoscopy. X-ray studies such as magnetic resonance imaging
(MRI) and computed tomography (CT) scans are available in our pediatric
radiology department. Laboratory technicians experienced in drawing
blood from pediatric patients are available in our outpatient clinic
Monday through Friday. A number of clinic locations are available for
routine follow up in surrounding Baltimore City counties including
Baltimore, Howard, Frederick and Anne Arundel Counties.
who become part of our center will have access to ongoing meetings and
events sponsored by the Pediatric IBD Center which enable them to
experience interactions with others experiencing the same challenges.
Our researchers are actively involved in clinical and basic research studies
which will help us understand the underlying causes of IBD better and
allow us to find better treatments. Your child will have the opportunity
to participate in these studies and to benefit from any research
advances that are applied to patient care.
Pediatric IBD Center Goals
- To enable the child with IBD to lead a healthy and active life by providing the highest quality medical care.
- To educate parents, caregivers and health professionals about IBD in children.
- To offer the most current treatment options and enrollment in clinical research trials where appropriate.
Access to Staff
Request an Appointment
- The IBD Center physicians, nurses and dietician can be contacted for questions during business hours.
- A pediatric gastroenterology physician is available 24 hours a day for emergencies.
- As a leading referral center we routinely see complex or challenging second opinion cases.