All children have hopes and dreams. Those who come to the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center are no different. They simply have more barriers and challenges before them. At Hopkins Children’s, we are passionate about our mission to give children the chance to dream big and reach their full potential. First, they need a future.
To get there, our patients need the cutting edge medicine and specialized care we provide, and they need you. When you give to Hopkins Children’s, you join a community dedicated to improving children’s health and ensuring futures. Thanks to friends and sponsors like you, our doctors, nurses, child life specialists and other care givers will have the resources they need to help our patients heal emotionally as well as physically.
When you donate to Hopkins Children’s, you:
• Support our programs in pediatric trauma care, to fight injury, the #1 killer of children in the United States; and pediatric obesity, now a full-scale medical epidemic
• Strengthen our family-centered care, including help with food and travel vouchers, home equipment and other basic needs for families with children in crisis
• Transform pediatric medicine through scientific discovery and treatments
• Train a new generation of physicians who will be world leaders in pediatric medicine
• Help ensure every child in our community receives compassionate care, regardless of their family's ability to pay
When you make an unrestricted donation today, rest assured we will use it where it’s needed most. If you choose, you can designate your gift to a specific pediatric division, fund or project.
We are sensitive to the fact that all of us are still affected by the poor economic climate. At the same time, very sick children continue to need us. They need the expertise, experience and cures we offer. So do their desperate parents, who look to us for hope and comfort.
I hope you choose to help us make miracles come true in this terrific place, where we have been caring for children for almost a century. To those you who already do, perhaps you will consider increasing your commitment to help fill the gaps.
Every gift, large or small, symbolizes an investment in the future. With your help, we can provide children with a healthier and brighter tomorrow.
George J. Dover, M.D.
Director, Department of Pediatrics
Given Foundation Professor of Pediatrics