Scientists at Johns Hopkins Children's Center are performing groundbreaking research into the environmental and genetic causes of cleft lip and palate and other craniofacial disorders. Our researchers are also studying ways to improve nerve regeneration.
Below is a list of selected publications from our Genetic Epidemiology of Oral Clefts group and our peripheral nerve researchers.
- Hoke, A, Redett, R, Hameed, H, Jari, R., Zhou, C, Li, B, Griffin, JW, Brushart, TM. Schwann Cells Express Motor and Sensory Phenotypes That Regulate Axon Regeneration. J Neurosci. 26(38): 9646-9655, 2006.
- Beaty TH, Hetmanski JB, Fallin MD, Park JW, Sull JW, McIntosh I, Liang KY, VanderKolk CA, Redett RJ, Boyadjiev SA, Jabs EW, Chong SS, Cheah FSH, Wu-Chou YH, Chen PK, Chiu YF, Yeow V, Ng ISL , Cheng J, Huang S, Ye X, Wang H, Ingersoll R, Scott AF. Analysis of Candidate Genes on Chromosome 2 in Oral Cleft Case-Parent Trios from Three Populations. Human Genetics. 120:501-518, 2006.
- Sull JW, Liang K-Y, Hetmanski JB, Fallin MD, Ingersoll RG, Park JW, Wu-Chou Y-H, Chen PK, Chong SS, Cheah F, Yeow V, Park BY, Jee SH, Jabs WE, Redett R, Scott AF, Beaty TH. Excess maternal transmission of markers in TCOF1 among cleft palate case-parent trios from three populations. Am J Med Genet A. 2008 Aug 7;146A(18):2327-2331.
- Sull JW, Liang K-Y, Hetmanski JB, Fallin MD, Ingersoll RG, Park JW, Wu-Chou Y-H, Chen PK, Chong SS, Cheah F, Yeow V, Park BY, Jee SH, Jabs WE, Redett R, Jung E, Ruczinski I, Scott AF, Beaty TH.
- Differential parental transmission of markers in RUNX2 among cleft case-parent trios from four populations. GENET EPIDEMIOL, 2008, accepted for publication.
- Murjii, A, Redett, RJ, Hawkins, CE, Clarke, CM. The role of intraoperative frozen section histology in obstetrical brachial plexus reconstruction. J Recon Microsurg, 24(3): 203-209. 2008.
- Aspalter, M, Vyas, A, Feiner, J, Griffin, J, Brushart, T and Redett, R. Modification of Schwann cell gene expression by electroporation in vivo. J Neurosci Methods. 2009 Jan 30;176(2):96-103.
- Tian, W, Redett, RJ. New velopharyngeal measurements at rest and during speech: implications and applications. J Craniofac Surg. 2009 Mar;20(2):532-9.
- Dizon, M, Ozturk, A, Redett, R, Izbudak, I. Neuroinmaging findings in a child with a dumbbell-shaped frontosphenoidal dermoid cyst presenting as preseptal cellulitis. Pediatr Radiol. (2009 Apr 22. [Epub ahead of print]).
- Jae Woong Sull, Kung-Yee Liang, Jacqueline B Hetmanski, Margaret Daniele Fallin, Roxanne G Ingersoll, Jiwan Park, Yah-Huei Wu-Chou, Philip K Chen, Samuel S Chong, Felicia Cheah, Vincent Yeow, Beyoung Yun Park, Sun Ha Jee, Ethylin W Jabs, Richard Redett, Alan F Scott and Terri H Beaty.. Maternal transmission effects of the PAX genes among cleft case–parent trios from four populations. European Journal of Human Genetics (2009) 17, 831–839.
- Jae Woong Sull , Kung-Yee Liang, Jacqueline B. Hetmanski, Tao Wu, Margaret Daniele Fallin, Roxann G. Ingersoll, Ji Wan Park, Yah-Huei Wu-Chou, Philip K. Chen, Samuel S. Chong, Felicia Cheah, Vincent Yeow, Beyoung Yun Park, Sun Ha Jee, Ethylin Wang Jabs, Richard Redett, Alan F.
- Scott and Terri H. Beaty .Evidence that TGFA influences risk to cleft lip with/without cleft palate through unconventional genetic mechanisms. Hum Genet. 2009. May