Because we realize how important it is for the child and the family to be together during treatment for an illness or injury, we have established very flexible visiting hours. For your safety, as well as our patients’ safety, we ask that you please follow these guidelines:
* Parents, guardians and/or designated adults, 18 years of age or older, may visit 24 hours a day. (In the psychiatry unit, parents/guardians may visit from noon to 8 p.m. daily.) All other family members, siblings and guests may visit from noon to 8 p.m. daily. (In the psychiatry unit, other family members, siblings and approved guests may visit from noon-1:30 p.m. and 5-6:30 p.m. ALL visitors must be at least 18 years of age.)
* There are sleep accommodations for one person at each bedside (with the exception of those in the psychiatry unit).
* The Children's Center reserves the right to limit visitors, in the best interest of patients, families and guests.
* To safeguard patients' health, there are restrictions on the number of visitors each many have at any given time. On the general care units, up to four (4) guests (including parents or guardians) may visit at one time. In the NICU: Up to four (4) guests per patient, including the parents or guardian, with the exception of a parent-identified Support Circle (up to four people), which may visit without a parent present. In the PICU: Two (2) guests per patient at any one time. On Child Psychiatry: Two (2) approved guests per patient, at any one time and visiting hours for guests are noon-1:30 p.m. and 5-6:30 p.m. ALL visitors must be at least 18. In the Pediatric PACU: Two (2) family members (at least 16 years-old) may be present with their child during recovery from surgery.
* Additional guests may wait in the family lounges outside of each clinical unit.
* During RSV/FLU season all visitors must be 16 years-old in the general care units, with the exception of the NICU, where visitors must be at least 18.
Please note: Siblings 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult when visiting the Children's Center. In the PICU: Sibling visitation should be arranged through the charge nurse, to determine the best time for the visit and/or length of visit. In the NICU: For siblings 2-12 years of age there is limited visitation available on Wednesdays and Sundays. In Psychiatry: Siblings under the age of 18 are not allowed on the unit.
* Siblings may visit the playroom if the patient is there, too. Sibling visitation in the playroom is to be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
* Adult family members may take children off an inpatient unit (for example, to the lobby, cafeteria or gift shop) with the awareness and approval of the unit staff. On the psychiatry unit, an order is needed for the patient to be able to visit off of the unit.
* It is expected that all guests are healthy: no colds, flu, diarrhea, vomiting or infectious disease, such as chicken pox. Guests may be asked to leave if the individual is exhibiting signs or symptoms of illness as noted here.
* Guests may be asked to leave the room/unit to facilitate addressing clinical needs. Guests will be asked to leave the unit if staff find that a child under 12 is not accompanied by a parent, or if a guest's behavior is disruptive to another child/parent or to the delivery of care on the unit.
Please note that staff can not be responsible for infant/child sibling care or supervision. Infant siblings are not able to live-in at the Children's Center. This is for the protection of the infant as well as the patients.