The Pediatric Allergy Clinic provides diagnostic and management services for a wide range of allergic diseases including food allergy, asthma, allergic rhinitis, eczema, stinging insect allergy, drug allergy, and urticaria. Over 2500 patients are seen annually in the clinic. Diagnostic procedures offered by the clinic include allergy skin testing, RAST testing, pulmonary function testing, and oral food challenges. To make an appointment, or for further information, please call 410-955-5883.
To prepare for the visit to the Pediatric Allergy Clinic:
- Please obtain copies of ALL prior allergy testing and bring to the appointment
- Please stop all of your child’s antihistamines and cold medications 1 week prior to the visit
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your appointment time
- To prepare for a food challenge:
- Stop all of your child’s antihistamines and cold medications 5 days prior to the visit
- Your child should have nothing to eat for two hours before the scheduled food challenge
- Contact information for patient concerns or questions:
- If you have a question or concern that requires a response within 24 hours, please call 410-955-5883.
- If you have a less urgent question or concern, you may send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that responses to emails may take up to one week.
- If you have a medical problem requiring more urgent attention, call the paging operator (410-955-6070) and ask for the pediatric allergist / immunologist on call